Monday, March 29, 2010

Creativity Loss

Every time I get on here to write a blog I feel like I have nothing to say - but, I do. I have lots to say about everything - anything. Like how I actually enjoy analyzing poetry for my Religion & Feminism essay test or that I really like campy but witty tv shows (Buffy) /movies (But I'm a Cheerleader).

Seeing a blank screen kills my creativity. Any ideas I had walking to class - all gone. Swallowed by some unknown vacuum. Ok...that's a little dramatic. It's not really that bad, just empty. I feel like maybe I'm more creative in concept than in reality.

I've found I'm way more creative in class, on projects, essays...when I'm applying my creativity in a certain way. It's this whole purpose thing - like just writing a poem for myself vs. a poem for my poetry class. I find myself mixing self-poetry and class-poetry, so that I complete this assignment, but as well include stuff I like to write about, or imagery I'm partial to.

No comments:

Post a Comment